You have 2 PagePops. View
PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASS EXPECTATIONS GRADES 6-7
1. Each student is expected to be in the gym, locker room, and auxiliary gymnasium on time. Students who are late to class will be expected to make up the missed time by serving detention at the discretion of his/her physical education teacher. The first and last five minutes of class will be allotted to changing time.
2. Each student will have the option to be issued a lock and locker for the purpose of securing personal belongings, including a change of clothes. The physical education staff will not be responsible for lost or stolen items which are left unlocked. Students are responsible for the lock they are issued. If the lock is lost or stolen, you are expected to pay the full price for a new lock.
3. Each student will be expected to keep the gym, locker room, and auxiliary gymnasium free of food and drinks. In addition, glass containers such as perfumes, juice bottles, etc., should not be used.
4. Each student is required to be prepared with clothing and footwear that is appropriate for safe participation in physical education. This clothing is defined as shorts/sweatpants, t-shirts/sweatshirts, that are neither obscene nor offensive. Proper footwear is defined as SNEAKERS (not boots, soft soled shoes, or otherwise).
The reasons for changing are:
a. the purpose of participating safely without restriction
b. for the promotion of personal hygiene
Each student MUST change into the appropriate clothing. DARK SOLED SNEAKERS THAT MARK THE FLOOR MAY NOT BE USED.
5. Students wishing to shower may request additional "change time" from their teachers. If this time is abused, it will be revoked.
6. Unacceptable behaviors: as outlined in the student handbook.
7. Acceptable excuses from physical education include a medical excuse per a doctors note. A medical form will be provided to the student which must be filled out by the doctor and returned to your physical education teacher. This form will indicate what activities you can and cannot participate in. If a student is directed by their doctor not to participate in any activities, he/she will be required to complete a writing assignment relevant to the physical education curriculum. IF A STUDENT IS ABSENT, HE/SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING UP THE LESSON AND HAS TWO WEEKS TO DO SO. FAILURE TO MAKE UP MISSED LESSONS WILL RESULT IN A ZERO.
*****Lesson make-ups will be determined by the instructor