You have 2 PagePops. View
8thGRADE SOCIAL STUDIES
Every student has the right to a safe and secure classroom; you do not have the right to impede or jeopardize that in any way. Be respectful of yourself, your environment, your fellow classmates, and your teacher. (No Cell Phones, IPods, and other devices that have no learning purpose unless otherwise directed by Mr. Pool and Mrs. Hogan)
The Oxford Dictionary defines responsible as: “Morally accountable for one’s action, capable of rational conduct.” Act rationally; choose wisely. Recognize your own role in building a fun and productive community of learners. Understand there will be consequences, both good and bad, for your actions.
Think about where you are and whom you are with. We must guarantee against harm or injury to another. Think. Ask yourself is it worth it? Would I want this done to me? I will not tolerate, nor should you, any behavior that takes away from the safety of this classroom, nor will the school.
Time and again you will be asked to do something that you may not like or think is worthless. Be mature; work through it. You may find that “getting there” is half the fun. Our world demands that you work well with others. Think—choose wisely.
Be A Worker:
Do your job! Challenge yourself to be productive. You are here; use your time wisely. Also see the Dover Middle School Hand Book for Conduct.
- Be on time: In your seat before the bell rings
- Ready to work
1.Pen or pencil
2. Notebook and/or textbook (must be covered)
3. Homework assignment
4. Agenda books must be in class every day
- All tests must be done in blue or black ink
- Everything must be dated and place in your notebook
- The notebook must have two sections (3 ring binder)
- Test and Quizzes
- 20% Homework
- Homework will be graded the following way:
2 = satisfactory
1 = unsatisfactory
0 = unacceptable
2. All homework will be posted on Mr. Pool’s School website.
(Including the vocabulary)
- 30% Quizzes and Essays
- 50% Tests, Essays and Projects
Make up work:
- Must be completed in a timely manner. 5 days to make up late work, including graded materials.
- It’s your responsibility to gather your work. (this includes Homework and class work)
Bathroom: must sign out and use the pass.
Homework Corner: Left side of the board.
Today’s Assignment: Pick up the days work before you sit at your desks.
AIS and Extra Help are assigned/offered during periods 4, 6 before school and after school on Friday.
AIS Period: Tuesdays and Wednesday
Homework Center: Fridays