Here is your summer '09 assignment:
1. Why doesn't exponential growth occur in living populations ?
2. Define the selection coefficient, then give an example of this as it applies to evolution.
3. In terms of time, when does selection take place?
4. Humans have three visual pigments as well as some primates. What are these pigments and why do we have three when other mammals have just two? Explain your answer in terms of natural selection.
5. Howler monkeys of the new world and their old world monkeys share similar genes but evolved on different continents at different times. Explain how this is possible.
Here are the summer reading chapter notes:
Human Digestion Nervous System
Human Circulation Sensory & Motor Mechanism
Osmoregulation/Excretion Hormones & the Endocrine system