DOVER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. The school leader needs to develop a common structure for Professional Learning Communities (grade levels/subjects) to examine and monitor state, standardized and local benchmark data so teachers use the data to inform and drive next steps in instruction to meet or exceed grade/subject standards.
2. The school needs to plan and implement a balanced literacy program/practices that is/are aligned to the CCLS across content areas and meet the needs of all subgroups.
3. The school leader needs to provide clear and specific guidance to teachers around strategies and practices that address effective use of student data to adjust instruction, inform scaffolding and differentiation, and increase student ownership of data and self-assessment and direction.
4. The school leader needs to create an environment within the school community that is safe in every way, promotes and supports social and emotional health, and promotes a culture of respect and community.
5. The school leader needs to increase parent engagement and education, soliciting parents as our partners in their child's education.