Listed here will be postings of Community Service Opportunities in the area. Community Service opportunities are also posted on the CS Board outside the Main Office. If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please see Mrs. Conklin in the Curriculum/Technology Office (High School), or Ms. Loos (Middle School).
If you are a not-for-profit organization and have Community Service Opportunities available for our students, you can call Robin Conklin or Janine Loos at 845-877-5700. You can also e-mail your request and a poster for the board to firstname.lastname@example.org, or Janine.Loos@doverschools.org. We will gladly announce your opportunity on the morning announcements, post it on the website, and hang your poster on our bulletin board.
- Thrift Store - The Hope Chest Thrift Store needs volunteers to help during business hours. If you would like to work there please click the link for more information.
- Dover Library - Anyone interested should call the library at 832-6605 and leave their name and phone number. Someone will contact them.
- Tutoring Opportunity - Inquire with Mrs. Conklin or Ms. Loos for more information.
- Food Pantry Needs Food - Organize a food collection and receive DOUBLE hours. See Mrs. Conklin or Ms. Loos.
- Concession Stand for Little League - The Little League runs the concession stand during the games from April - June, Tues. thru Sat. at Boyce Park. Call the Hotline # 832-2725 or sign up at the concession stand as the games are going on.
- Record "Books on Tape" - We are looking for students to record MS books onto tape. Earn your AR points and community service at the same time. If you are interested, see Ms. Loos to sign up or for more information.
- Double Hours are given to students who organize a community service project. Plan the project, get it approved by Mrs. Conklin/Ms. Loos, organize friends to help (they get CS hours for helping), and run the project/event. (Examples - collect food at a store organizing other students to help, plan and organize a road/neighborhood cleanup, develop a senior citizen program with your friends, etc.)
- Elementary School Helper - The elementary schools are accepting applications for classroom helpers. Please stop by the community service office and fill out an applicaiton.
- J.H. Ketcham Breakfasts - Every second Sunday of the month the J.H. Ketcham Ladies Auxiliary hosts a breakfast. They are always looking for extra help. You can contact Cheryl Kelly or stop by the community service office for more information.
- St. Charles Church- looking for volunteers for various projects.
- PTSA- volunteer at PTSA sponsored events, monthly meetings.
*It is a good idea to get pre-approval before starting any activity.