The following documents are required to register a student into the Dover Union Free School District:
1. Proof of Residency
- All new students entering the Dover Union Free School District must provide the proper documentation to establish residency. The documents provided must always state the student’s physical address. A post office box may not be used as an acceptable address for the purpose of determining residency. Please see Residency Requirements to determine what documents you will need to register your child.
2. Birth Certificate
- You must provide your child’s original birth certificate with a raised seal.
- If you do not have an original birth certificate, we will accept your child’s original baptismal certificate with a raised seal or a valid passport for a period of 30 days, after which an original birth certificate must be provided.
3. Proof of Immunization (Vaccination Requirements)
4. School Records
- Most Current Report Card (Required of all high school students, recommended for all other grade levels.)
- Most current Individualized Education Program (IEP) if applicable (a records release may be sent to obtain this).
5. Special Circumstances
- If you are not the natural parent but have legal guardianship of the student, please provide us with the appropriate documents.
- If there are any other special circumstances such as name change, custody agreement, etc., please bring those documents with you also.