Employment Opportunities at DUFSD
*do not mail application to Dutchess County - Return to Dover Business Office.
Substitute Custodial Worker
If interested contact:
Dover High School Buildings & Grounds Office
2368 Route 22
Dover Plains, NY 12522
(845) 877-5700 x1209
MICROCOMPUTER/WORD PROCESSING SUPPORT ASSISTANT (SCHOOLS) POSITION
$40,434 per year pro-rated; CSEA Non Instructional Benefits pro-rated
Applications to: Donna Basting
2368 Route 22
Dover Plains, NY 12522
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
This is a technical position in a computer center which requires extensive user contact in the training and use of selected equipment. The work involves assisting in the development, implementation and maintenance of automated systems in school districts. The systems include the use of word processors, microcomputers and other equipment. Depending upon assignment, employees may be required to also use mini or mainframe computers and operating systems may vary depending upon equipment. Work is performed under the general supervision of a higher level employee. Supervision is not normally a function of the position.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
Typical work activities for incumbents in this title include those listed below in addition to those typical work activities performed by lower level titles in the series. They are indicative of the level and types of activities performed by incumbents in this title. It is not meant to be all-inclusive and does not preclude a supervisor from assigning activities not listed which could reasonably be expected to be performed by an employee in this title.
1. Trains users in the use of computer/word processing hardware and software;
2. Receives telephone inquiries and provides users with assistance in the operation and uses of computer/word processing hardware and software;
3. Assists in the development and implementation of assigned systems;
4. Evaluates assigned computer/word processing hardware and software and makes recommendations to a higher level employee;
5. Visits user installations and uses equipment to backup files;
6. Receives, tests and modifies computer configuration prior to installation;
7. Installs and moves equipment;
8. Handles routine maintenance problems and contacts vendors for service on equipment, when necessary;
9. Assists in the development of, or may independently develop, user education courses for supported software products;
10. Assists in website maintenance;
11. Supports software installation, use of software and backup files;
12. Maintains inventory and service contracts of installed software and hardware components;
13. Assists in the production of graphs and charts using appropriate hardware and software.
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma AND:
EITHER: (A) Graduation from a New York State registered or regionally accredited college or
university with an Associate's degree in computer science or a closely related
OR: (B) Two (2) years of full time paid work experience which primarily involved the use,
configuration and customization of personal computer software for word
processing, database management and spreadsheet applications;
OR: (C) An equivalent combination of education, training and experience as defined by
the limits of (A) and (B) above.
1. Candidates must be able to transport and move computer equipment generally weighing up to 50
2. Possession of a valid New York State Driver License.
Start Date: September 1, 2019
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
The Dover Union Free School District has an opening for a District-wide Physical Therapist beginning September 1, 2019. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Evaluating new referrals to determine need for service and/or appropriate level of service.
- Evaluating students on assigned caseload and determining appropriate program goals (both long and short term)
- Providing direct treatment to students on assigned caseload
The successful candidate will hold a degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited school and be licensed by the NYS Department of Education. Please submit a cover letter and resume through OLAS.