Welcome to 6th grade Social Studies!
In 6th grade Social Studies, we will be learning about:
(different kinds of maps, how to use them, and how to determine absolute location)
- (study the ancient city-states of Mesopotamia and the Fertile Crescent)
- Ancient Egypt :
- (the lives of the ancient Egyptians, including King Tut, pyramids & mummies)
- Ancient India & China
- (the contributions of these two fascinating ancient civilizations)
- Ancient Greece and Rome:
- ( Greek and Roman mythology, contributions from these civilizations)
- The Middle Ages/Medieval Times:
- (The social structure of the Middle Ages, including knights & Kings)
At the beginning of each chapter, the students will be given a pretest with all of the important terms on it. They should keep this paper all year long as we will refer back to this periodically. The students will be given checkpoints periodically to check for understanding of these terms.
Please see Ms. Brown's page for more inforamtion.