In order to vote in the Annual District Budget/Candidate Vote, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- Eighteen (18) years of age
- A resident of the district for a period of thirty (30) days prior to the date of the vote.
2018/2019 Budget/Candidate Vote:
That the Annual School District Election and Vote on the Budget will be held at the Dover Middle/High School, Dover Plains, New York, on Tuesday, May 15, 2018, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., prevailing time, when the polls will be open for the purpose of voting by voting machine:
- To vote on the following proposition:
Shall the Board of Education of the Dover Union Free School District, Towns of Dover, Amenia, Washington and Union Vale, Dutchess County, New York, be authorized to expend the amount set forth in the budget for the 2018/2019 school year in the total amount of $32,681,231.00 and to levy the necessary sum against the taxable real property in the district.
- To elect two (2) members to the Board of Education for five- year terms, expiring June 30, 2023. There are three (3) candidates: Susan Conklin, Tami Burns, & Dawn O’Neil