In order to vote in the Annual District Budget/Candidate Vote, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- Eighteen (18) years of age
- A resident of the district for a period of thirty (30) days prior to the date of the vote.
Visit the District office in order to obtain an absentee voter application.
2019/2020 Budget/Candidate Vote:
That the Annual School District Election and Vote on the Budget will be held at the Dover Middle/High School, Dover Plains, New York, on Tuesday, May 21, 2019, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., prevailing time, when the polls will be open for the purpose of voting by voting machine:
- To vote on the following proposition:
Shall the Board of Education of the Dover Union Free School District, Towns of Dover, Amenia, Washington and Union Vale, Dutchess County, New York, be authorized to expend the amount set forth in the budget for the 2019/2020 school year in the total amount of $33,784,416.00 and to levy the necessary sum against the taxable real property in the district.
- To elect one (1) member to the Board of Education for a five- year term, expiring June 30, 2024. There is one (1) candidate: Joseph Tchorzyk