About the Backpack Program:
The Backpack Program is designed to meet the needs of hungry children at times when other resources are not available, especially on weekends. The program provides backpacks filled with food that is child-friendly, shelf-stable, and easily consumed. Bags are packed each week by the Center of Compassion's staff and delivered to the schools. The school discretely distributes to participating children every Friday afternoon.
Each bag includes...
- 2 breakfast items (cereal, oatmeal packets, graham crackers, granola bars)
- 2 entrees (mac & cheese, PB & J, Spaghettios, tuna, soup)
- 1 shelf-stable milk (usually chocolate)
- 1 fruit juice box (100% juice when possible)
- Fresh fruits when available or can of fruit
- Fresh vegetables
- 2-3 snacks (cookies, popcorn, pudding, etc.)
Click HERE for program requirements and to fill out enrollment form - English.
Click HERE for program requirements and to fill out enrollment form - Spanish.