DOVER UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT
APPLICATION FOR ABSENTEE BALLOT INSTRUCTIONS
Education Law, Section 2018(a) states the rules and procedures school districts must follow in providing absentee ballots.
The process is simple and is summarized below:
- Applications for Absentee Ballots are available from the District Clerk, Amy Mehlrose
- You may download the application from the District’s website: www.doverschools.org, call for one at (845) 877-5700, Ext. 1282, during the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. or write to the following address and one will be mailed to you promptly.
Dover Union Free School District
2368 Route 22
Dover Plains, NY 12522
- If you want the ballot mailed to you, return the application to the District Clerk NO LATER THAN 3:30 p.m. on May 8, 2018. No ballots will be mailed for applications received after this date.
- If you want to personally pick up the application, visit the District Clerk no later than 3:30 p.m. on May 14, 2018.
- Please be advised that no person can have two legal residences for voting purposes. It is not enough to own property or lease a place of business in Dover Union Free School District. You must also qualify as a legal resident.
Download Absentee Application Here