You have 1 PagePop. View
8th grade moving-up is scheduled for Friday, June 21, 2019 at 6:30pm. Information will be sent at a later date.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Facility Use Requirements/Rules
NOTICE: Applicant’s signature acknowledges Applicant’s agreement to abide by all rules governing use of facility and/or premises. These rules apply to use of all Dover Union Free School District buildings, grounds and/or ball fields or parks, including owned or leased facilities. Failure to abide by these rules may result in denial of future requests for use and liability for any damages, which may occur as a result of such failure.
The use of all District facilities shall be subject to the approval and rules of the Board of Education administered by the Building Principal or other Board designee. Organizations wishing to use District facilities shall apply on-line at https://ny8.mlschedules.com . The Buildings & Grounds office has final approval authority.
- Application for public use of facility and/or premises shall be made on line and shall be filed at least 14 days before the proposed date of use. Please note: you need to request all rooms you wish to use. If this is not on use form you may not be able to use other rooms.
- Application may be reviewed by the Director of Facilities who may require detailed information from applicants, may reject an application, and/or may cancel any permit previously issued.
- The applicant is not allowed to sub-contract.
- Applicant expressly agrees that any use of facility and/or premises is for Applicant’s own purposes and not the purposes of Dover Schools.
- Applicant is responsible for inspecting the facility and/or premises prior to use to determine suitability or premises for intended use. This includes a condition report to be completed on certain areas of use after use.
- Prior to the start of the event, an announcement should be made to your group regarding emergency evacuation procedures. For example, point out posted procedures, directions for exiting, how to respond to a fire alarms, etc.
- The person receiving the permit shall obtain from Dover Schools’ permission to decorate, shall use only materials acceptable to the local fire marshals, and shall remove all decorations before leaving the building. Stairways, corridors and entrance/exits must be kept clear at all times. When applicable, auditorium exit lights must be used. Defacement of walls by holes or nails is not permitted. The use of material on floors or other parts of the facility and/or premises is prohibited without the approval of Dover Schools.
- Room capacity may not be exceeded.
- Temporary electrical or mechanical modifications are prohibited.
- No open flame, candles, fire, or smoking shall be allowed on or around Dover Schools at any time.
- The possession or use of alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, tobacco products and weapons in and on all the Dover Schools property including all district buildings, district grounds, district-owned and leased vehicles, and sites leased the Dover Schools is prohibited. No person shall be permitted in a building that shall appear to have partaken of alcoholic beverages and/or illegal substances, etc.
- Proper supervision shall be provided by those to whom the accommodation is granted, including police protection, if necessary. This supervision must ensure the protection of school property, the enforcement of rules and regulations including safe school policy, illegal substances, and the prevention of people wandering through the facility and/or premises. Persons may not be on school premises other than in the designated area applied for and the direct approaches to the area. Applicant must ensure that an adult will assume direct responsibility and supervision for any facility usage.
- Following the use of the facility and/or premises, applicant shall inspect all areas actually used by anyone admitted to the facility and/or premises during Applicant’s period of use and shall be responsible for returning the facility and/or premises in the same condition as received. Should the Applicant find any damage, it must be reported to the building custodian immediately.
- Applicant will be responsible for conscientious use of energy. Lights and equipment will be turned off when the group is through with the building.
- Applicant shall be responsible for all damages or claims or loss of property, resulting from use of the facility and/or premises. Applicant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the District and all of its officials, for any and all claims and for any attorney’s fees incurred because of any and all claims resulting from the use of facility and/or premises.
- Groups using Auditorium must seek permission at all times to alter, hang, display, move etc. items in the area. There is a NO FOOD/DRINK policy for the auditorium, please adhere to this. No sparkles and/or glitter allowed in auditorium.
Fees for use of auditorium will be charged in accordance with the current Use Fee Schedule approved by the Board of Education on 9/9/2014:
- o Auditorium Usage Fee ---$500/event---
- § Per event non-refundable deposit, must be paid prior to event start date
- o Lighting Technician $65/hr/$80/hr *if lighting & sound is one person $65/$80 per hour
- o Sound Technician $65/hr/$80/hr
- o Custodial Coverage $45/hr/$55/hr *per custodian required
- o Maintenance Fee $60/hr/$75/hr *if needed
- o Gaffer’s Tape ---$15/roll---- ONLY TO BE USED –o District will supply & bill group