You have 2 PagePops. View
Sixth Grade Expectations
In recognition of the adolescent stage of development which our sixth graders are entering, the sixth grade teaching team has designed the following plan to encourage greater responsibility and accountability by our students:
- Marking Criteria:
a.) Tests and projects= 50%
b.) Quizzes = 25%
c.) Weekly Readers= 15%
d.) Participation,preparedness, and classwork= 5%
e.) Notebook and folder= 5%
2. Every five weeks your sixth grader will be given a computerized progress report, failure notice or report card which will be mailed home. A signature is not required.
3. Your child will be given an Agenda/Handbook free of charge. He/she should record assignments, test dates, upcoming projects, etc. Students are expected to carry the book to all classes. The replacement cost for a lost or missing book is $6.00.
4. Approximately one hour of homework is given nightly. We do not require that the Agenda Book be signed. Any missing assignments will be noted on the progress report. The student can make up the work the following day. Ultimately, however, the students are responsible for the recording and completion of their own assignments.
5. When students are ill, parents may call before 10:00 AM and work will be set aside for them to be picked up in the Middle School office between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM. Otherwise the work will be given to the student upon their return. Students who are on vacation will be given make up work upon their return.
6. Please review the Dover Middle School Student Agenda/Handbook with your child. Sign and return the tear-off at the bottom of the page indicating that you have read handbook.
7. Textbooks have been issued to each student. In June, students must return the numbered books assigned to them or pay the replacement cost before they can attend after school activities in the fall. All textbooks must be covered throughout the school year.
8. Please check the website www.doverschools.org for information on homework and other school related information. E-mail addresses can be found on the website as well.
Please sign the duplicate copy of this letter to acknowledge your awareness of the sixth grade expectations and keep one copy for your records. Return the signed copy to me by Friday, September 14th, 2013. We wish our students a successful and pleasant school year and welcome your calls.
Ms. Brown, Mrs. Cleaveland,
Mr. Horn, Mrs. Armstrong
Mrs. Kaan, Mrs., Schmitt,
I have read the above letter and discussed the sixth grade expectations with my child.
Student’s Name Parent’s Name