You have 2 PagePops. View
Expectations for the French class:
In order to have a productive and successful year the following expectations need to be met. Everything is a question of good choice.
Material: Every student needs to have the following in everyday class:
- pen and pencil (more than one just in case)
- loose-leaf paper and notebook
- book and activity book
Homework: it provides practice of classroom content and gives to me a feedback on understanding; it should be done. Furthermore, it is an easy way to receive good credits!
Absences or missed assignments: It is the student responsibility to make up the work missed. The student will have as many days of absences to turn in the missed assignments.
Grades: they will be composed of the following components:
- 50% tests, quizzes
- 30% class participation (speaking, listening, paying attention, arriving on time and being prepared), class work (being on tasks, trying, questioning).
- 20% homework, projects
Class Behavior: Effective learning will be necessary so fooling around or foul language won’t be tolerated.
Consequences of misbehavior: 1. Verbal warning
2. Second verbal warning and the last one
3. Conference with the student and possible removal from class
4. Lunch detention and phone call to parents
5. After school detention assigns by teacher.
Tardy: Three late to class will result to lunch detention and according to cases, it may result to after school detention.
Effort: Best effort is recommended. Who doesn’t try, gets nothing!!!
Extra Help: I will be available after school if necessary, as long as i know in advance.